POV: You’re scanning the racks of your favorite second-hand store (we hope it’s Goodwill!) with your friends on a Saturday afternoon. And you spot THE one-of-a-kind vintage item you’ve been searching for the last few months. Better yet, it’s in your size.
If you’re a “thrifter,” we all know this level of excitement. It’s like finding a hidden gem that’s meant just for you. But while nothing beats that in-store, second-hand shopping experience, the reality is in-store shopping isn’t always a possibility between social distancing, busy class and work schedules, and maybe even transportation. Luckily, there’s been a significant rise in second-hand options popping up online.
You’ve likely browsed second-hand online shops like thredUP and Swap. But did you know you can shop Goodwill from the comfort of your own home, too? Read on for a few not-so-secret perks about shopping Goodwill online.
- You can shop local and nationwide. We love shopping local. But one of the great things about shopping Goodwill online is you can shop items found right in Columbus OR nationwide from our 130+ locations. You can find one-of-a-kind items from Texas or California or anywhere across the country!
- You can bid OR Buy It Now. While many think you can only buy items auction-style on ShopGoodwill.com, there are actually just as many items you can purchase with the click of a button. Just look for the “Buy It Now” option under the item listing.
- You’ll have a free “Personal Shopper.” On ShopGoodwill.com, you can set up your own Personal Shopper to notify you when a certain type of item is listed on the site. Say you’ve been on the hunt for a retro jean jacket. By entering “retro jean jacket” or other related terms into your Personal Shopper platform, you’ll know as soon as a new piece related to that search term is added to our online store.
- You’ll find much more than clothes. Looking for some interesting pieces of furniture to spruce up your dorm room? Want to step up your photos with a film camera? You can find all of that and more on ShopGoodwill.com.
- You’ll be supporting the Goodwill Mission. Whether it’s donating time or money, many of us are looking for ways to give back in today’s world. ShopGoodwill.com is the first e-commerce auction platform created, owned and operated by a nonprofit organization. Each item’s final sale price goes right back to the local Goodwill that listed the item, meaning every purchase you make has a direct impact in transforming the lives of the individuals we serve.
Use these tips and you’ll be ready to find your next favorite vintage staple on ShopGoodwill.com.