We believe in the power of work.
Goodwill Columbus is proud to be one of the region’s largest job providers and a trusted source in Central Ohio for putting people to work through our job skills, training, and first or next best employment opportunities.
Free Classes & Certifications
Whether in-person or remote, Goodwill Columbus career consultants are here to help you on your career path – whether thats your first or your next best job. If you’re ready to take the next step, complete the form and one of our team members will be in touch with you.
All of our certification programs include:
- Assistance obtaining & retaining employment
- Support in continuing on the career path
- Career/skills assessment and creation of an individualized career development plan
- Career development or work readiness training
Types of Classes & Certifications
Healthcare (STNA) Certification
- 5 weeks of free part-time training (4 weeks classes, 2 days of clinical)
- STNA state training & certification test (includes written questions and skills demonstration)
- Average starting wages exceeding $14 / hour
IT Career Pathway
- Education and certification in the hardware and operating systems of phones, tablets, laptops, desktops and servers in a professional classroom setting. Choose your class time:
- Day classes: 10 weeks, Monday – Friday, 9:00AM – 4:00PM
- Night classes: 13 weeks, Monday – Thursday, 6:00PM – 9:00PM
Google IT Support Professional
- Classes teach students about 6 core content ideas such as security, automation, and IT fundamentals.
- This six-course certificate program – a dynamic mix of video lectures and hands-on labs—can help you start your career in IT in an entry-level role in IT support.
- Students will learn about customer service, networking, operating systems, systems administration, automation and security and trouble shooting.
- This self-paced online course takes two to nine months to complete and can be done at the student’s own pace.
Certified Mortgage Loan Originator
- 4 weeks, Monday – Thursday, 9:00AM – 4:00P
- Monday/Wednesday at Edgehill Office
- Tuesday/Thursday remote learning
- Fully remote option available for individuals currently working
- Course will cover career development and material needed to pass the National Mortgage License System & Registry (NMLS) exam
- Individuals will receive online instructor led modules, practice tests, e-book, and in person led classes to cover modules. After 4 weeks, will schedule their examination and take test
- Upon successful completion of examination, individual will obtain a Mortgage Originator License through the NMLS
Facebook Social Media Marketing Professional Certificate
- Students will learn: Introduction to Social Media Marketing, Social Media Management, Fundamentals of Social Media Advertising, Advertising with Facebook, Measure and Optimize Social Media Marketing Campaigns and Facebook Social Media Marketing Capstone
- Course is 5-10 hours/week for 4-5 months
Hospitality, Lodging & Retail
- Two-week Career Boot Camp.
- Occupational Training leading to industry recognized credentials.