UPDATES FROM RYAN
When I came to Goodwill a little over two years ago, I promised to meet with 100 employees in my first 100 days. Your feedback during that time was incredibly valuable and helped me understand how to do my job better.
One important thing I learned from your feedback was that Goodwill employees wanted better communication with our leaders. Since then, we’ve been working hard to make sure you have a “voice” in our organization:
- I try my best to visit all our locations, but I’m open to your ideas on how I can be more visible to you. Spending time with our employees and the people we serve is the best part of my job.
- We improved the GoodVibes newsletter to make it easier to use and read. We also want to make sure we talk about the things that matter to you.
- The feedback you provide through our Vision Survey every few months is fantastic. Believe me, your comments have an impact on what we do.
- I’m excited to let you know that we’ll be scheduling some “town hall style” meetings this fall. During these meetings, you can hear directly from Goodwill leaders about our exciting plans. Before the town hall, please complete the latest vision survey (see below) to provide your thoughts and ideas.
- Welcome Ted Adams and Erin Bender to the Goodwill Columbus Board of Directors!
I want to express my deep gratitude for the incredible work you do every day at Goodwill. You are part of the most impactful community organization in Columbus, and I encourage you to keep up the amazing work!
WE LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK
The latest quarterly vision survey is here! Please take 5 minutes to complete this anonymous survey.
Your feedback is deeply appreciated.
Alex Poole, District Manager – West, Donated Goods Retail
Alex Poole has worked with Goodwill Columbus for 8 years. Alex helps her coworkers, store managers and staff in any way she can, including being a confidant, offering advice, and working behind the scenes for events like grand openings. She loves celebrating people getting a hand up and seeing people accomplish their goals!
CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR RECENT PROMOTION
Trista Spreng, Assistant Store Lead; Supervisor, Dock/Warehouse, Retail
Linda Mcknight, Supervisor, Retail
Michelle Pinkerton, Supervisor, Retail
Do You Know About Real Appeal?
It’s a free online support program that helps you lose weight with 1-on-1 coaching, videos, and more!
FREE for employees on Goodwill’s medical plan.
To learn more and join click below!
Employees who join could win a Kroger gift card!
Let’s make sure Human Resources has your correct information!
A select number of employees who update their personal information in Dayforce will win a $25 Giant Eagle gift card!
LAST CALL! GET YOUR FREE T-SHIRT
Deadline is this Friday, September 15, 2023
DSP APPRECIATION WEEK
Direct Support Professionals are people who support people with disabilities to participate and thrive in their communities. This is a great time to celebrate the amazing DSPs at Goodwill Columbus for their hard work and dedication to the individuals we serve.
National Hispanic Heritage Month
Sept 15 – Oct 15
National Hispanic Heritage Month is annually celebrated from September 15 to October 15 for recognizing the contributions and influence of Hispanic Americans to the history, culture, and achievements for the United States.
National Security Officer Appreciation Week
Since 1988, Goodwill Columbus has provided premium security services to organizations, large and small, across Central Ohio. Our security officers are highly trained to meet and exceed our clients’ expectations in order to keep their facilities and assets safe.
When is Direct Support Professionals (DSP) Appreciation Week?
BONUS! Snap a pic of our new Opportunity For All campaign in action! If you see a new Goodwill Columbus billboard, commercial, social media ad, or more – take a picture and send it to [email protected] and you could win a $25 gift card!
AUGUST $25 GIFT CARD TRIVIA WINNERS
- Jasmine Wilson
- Chris Cline
- Margie Bruggeman
- Monica Wilbanks
- Alan Martina
- Megan Wimsatt
- Samuel Lamptey
- Nicole Martin
- Shawn McCloud
- Victor Johnson
- Gerald Sloan
- Mark Allen