Social & Educational Programs
Supported Recreation & Education Services (SRES) at Goodwill Columbus fulfills the needs of individuals with developmental disabilities by coordinating and planning activities. SRES is open to individuals age 18 and over with developmental disabilities in central Ohio who are interested in learning new things, going new places and making new friends.
Dedicated, respectful and high quality staff and volunteers from the community help coordinate and oversee all activities. To cover costs associated with each activity, a nominal fee is charged. Transportation for some activities is available. To keep individuals informed of SRES offerings, calendars are mailed quarterly to participants, family members and a variety of agencies that provide services to individuals with disabilities in central Ohio. Payment for services is currently through private pay.
For more information please contact Jenni Diodato, program manager, at 614.583.0342 to request an activity registration form. To hear this week’s activities call the Goodwill Columbus Supported Recreation Activity Line at 614.583.0399.
DID YOU KNOW? This program receives a great deal of support from the Families & Friends Network! Learn more about our Social & Educational Programs.
Important SRES Forms:
SRES fulfills the needs of individuals with developmental disabilities by coordinating and planning activities including:
- Community Outings
- Dining Out
- Fitness & Sports Activities
- Educational Opportunities
- Weekend Getaways & Vacations
- Last year, the program organized 313 local activities and trips and 15 out of area trips, including a trip to Cape Cod, Massachusetts!
- Most activities and classes are held in the evenings during the week and typically last between one and three hours. Weekend activities generally last four to eight hours.